By Laura Suleimenova
As it was reported earlier, the process of operational model restructuring at the
To recall, the project, instead of complex operator + agent companies system, now will have a sole operator - NCOC N.V.
During reorganization NCOC B.V. branch in Astana has been closed. In this regard, part of the employees who worked in the capital city, didn't wish to move to Atyrau and therefore, they left the project.
In their response to our inquiry the management of employment coordination and social programs of Atyrau Oblast reported that as of July 1, NCOC N.V. has not submitted any lists about future reductions.
"Currently the number of NCOC N.V. employees is 2 584 people. In subcontracting companies of the
Thus, there were no reductions due to reorganization that took place at the
Below is an insight provided by the company employees and the way they assess the situation:
- As for the change in the management system - of course, it is better to have one head instead of several. There were no lay-offs. On the contrary, some of the departments are short of additional specialists. So there was no economy in money because of amalgamation. None of the huge offices rented by NCOC N.V. were vacated. ExxonMobil, since General Director Stephane de Mahieu, is from Exxon, is bringing in more expats to the project. Though according to workforce nationalization plans, adopted earlier by NCPOC, the ratio of
As our sources informed, despite recent frequent publications both in
Currently NCOC N.V. works on implementation of comprehensive program covering 5 items:
1. Completion of all outstanding scopes within the framework of Experimental Program (EP).
2. Modernization of equipment for improvement of its characteristics.
3. Servicing of already launched and operating equipment.
4. Conservation of completed units for re-start of the field.