Two infants died after botched treatment of local wise-woman in Uralsk, the authorities launched probes, according to the Moi Gorod news service.
Senior Assistant Attorney of Uralsk Almagul Ismagulova said one of the victims was a 7-month-old baby who died on October 15, 2014. He was taken to the regional children's hospital in critical condition, the doctors of intensive care unit could not do anything.
The investigation revealed that the mother of the dead baby applied a mustard powder on a coughing baby and kept the powder for 7.5 hours as the local wise-woman Granny Nina suggested. As a result of a high temperature, the baby got severely overheated and died in the hospital.
The second victim was a child born in
A criminal probe into “carrying out a medical activity without a certificate or license" was launched.
Source: moi gorod portal