Mark Lippert told a press conference he felt good and expected to return to work as soon as possible.Mark Lippert, the US ambassador to South Korea who was slashed at a breakfast meeting last week, has been discharged from hospital in Seoul.
Mr Lippert suffered gashes to his face and hand when he was attacked by a knife-wielding Korean nationalist.
He told reporters before he was discharged that the US mission to be "open and friendly" would not change.
The attacker, Kim Ki-jong, was tackled at the scene - he has denied charges of attempted murder.
Doctors said the ambassador had had 80 stitches from his face removed and that the pain in his wrist had subsided.
They said the cuts would have been life-threatening had they been deeper.
Mr Lippert, 42, said on Tuesday that he expected to make a full recovery and return to work as soon as possible.
South Korean conservative protesters rallied in support of Mr Lippert and ties between the two countries"I feel pretty darn good, all things considered. I mean it was obviously a scary incident," he said at a news conference held with heavy security presence at Yonsei University's Severance Hospital.
"But I'm walking, talking, holding my baby, hugging my wife, so I just feel really good."
The attack prompted rallies and prayer sessions in support of Mr Lippert and US-South Korea relations. South Korean President Park Geun-hye visited him in hospital on Monday.
Police have not established a motive for Mr Kim's action, but said he shouted after the attack that he opposed ongoing military drills being conducted by the US and South Korea, and called for reunification with North Korea.
South Korean President Park Guen-hye visited Mr Lippert at Severance Hospital in Seoul on Monday