The website www.guljan.org published the interview with the former Head of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan, currently the Chair of the Audit Committee for the Republic’s Budget - Aslan MUSSIN:
“1. What was the reason of your resignation from the position of the Head of the Presidential Administration and was it a voluntary or compelled resignation?
1. I had worked in the capacity of the Head of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 4 years. My term in this challenging position was the longest among other predecessors. I worked around the clock without holidays or week-ends. Therefore, I asked the President to transfer me to another job.
2. Your name very often and quite confidently is associated with ex-Akim of Atyrau Oblast Bergei Ryskaliyev. To what extent your relations were trust-based?
2. The relations with the Akim of Atyrau Oblast Bergei Saulebayevich, as well as with other state officials, were exclusively work-related.
3. In your opinion, why Mr. Ryskaliyev together with his brother left Kazakhstan? Is he afraid of legal prosecutions?
3. I cannot answer this question, since I do not have any information.
4. Would you confirm, that ex-deputy Akim of Atyrau Oblast Salimzhan Nakpaev reported to you personally about the gross violations of the law and abuse of power by the top Atyrau oblast officials? If yes, then what measures have you undertaken?
4. When I was the akim of Atyrau Oblast I promoted Nakpayev to various senior positions, as well as many other young officials. He didn’t report to me personally about any violations of law in Atyrau Oblast.
5. How will you comment the public statements in your advocacy and the proposal to side with the opponents of President Nazarbayev by the ex-ambassador of RoK to Austria Rakhat Aliyev who is currently abroad?
5. Aliyev has been found guilty by the Kazakhstan court. I’ve never had any contact with Aliyev and I couldn’t have had by definition.
6. What exactly do you know about the events in Zhanaozen: when and under what circumstances have you learnt about them?
7. How you will comment the opinion of the pubic representatives that the decision about resolving of the labor conflict in Zhanaozen, which ended with shooting of the striking oil industry workers, was under your personal control (that, allegedly, you personally gave the order to use the firearms on December 16-17, 2011 against the protesting oil workers in Mangistau Oblast)?
6-7. There was the court ruling issued with regards to the events in Zhanaozen. Therefore, there is no sense in making comments to them. About the start of disorders in Zhanaozen I learned on December 16, 2011 around 12:30 from the report of the heads of law enforcement agencies.
I haven’t given any orders to use the firearms. Neither I, nor the country's top leadership gave that order.
8. Do you still consider yourself to be the adherent of the president Nazarbayev, and do you have the intention to remain among his colleagues, accepting any appointments to perform all his instructions?
8. I’ve always been and I remain a loyal ally of the Great Man, the founder and builder of our state, Nursultan Abishevich Nazarbayev. I am ready to work in any office, he will entrust to me.
October 29, 2012”