By Saule Tasboulatova
On Feb 6 in the second half of day the RoK president Nursultan Nazarbayev arrived with a working visit to Atyrau. During his trip the president was accompanies by the Minister of Oil and Gas Uzakbay Karabalin and the Minister of Regional Development Bolat Zhamishev.
From the airport the presidential procession went to Nursaya microregion to visit the Nazarbayev intellectual school where the head of state had three meetings: with Kulyash Shamshidinova, the chairperson of the board of Autonomous Educational Organization “Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools”; with members of the public - war and labour veterans, reps of ethnic-cultural associations, deputies, sportsmen, etc. Then the president met with the students of intellectual school.
– We need to identify talented children who, upon receiving education, can become good experts working for the benefit of our country, - said the president.
The president emphasized that such schools are necessary, but it doesn't mean that conditions in other schools should be worse.
At 17.00 the president arrived to Atyrau Refinery where he had a look at the progress of investment projects “The construction of the complex facility for poduction of aromatic hydrocarbons” (KPA) and “The construction of a complex facility of deep oil refining” (KGPN).
Atyrau businessmen met with the president in the conference hall of Atyrau Refinery where they waited for him about two hours.
The president said that within the framework of FIIR program (forced industrial innovation-driven growth) 800 enterprises have been put into operation, 700bn tenge allocated and 150 thousand jobs opened.
The president of Kazakhstan reminded that in his State-of-the-nation speech he paid special attention to development of small and medium business.
– Development of small and medium business is a main issue for us. It provides people with work. In developed countries 80% of state budgets constitute are replenished due to small and medium businesses. In
Governor Baktykozha Izmukhambetov reported about social and economic development of the region. The president asked about the projects completed as per industrialization program.
– Last year when we met, you said that some of the projects hasn’t reached the design capacity. What have you done in this respect? – asked the president.
The governor answered that only the plant for production of pipeline fittings is operating on its half capacity. All other facilities are operating at their full capacity, - said the governor.
The president also asked about the destiny of 15 facilities, the construction of which started during ex-governor.
– Actually there are 50 incomplete facilities, - answered the governor. – Including 21 incomplete facilities under “Ak Bulak” (Portable water program). I spoke with Prime Minster and Public Prosecutor and the answer was that the government cannot finance twice one and the same project. But some of the issues require legislative decisions and we together are looking into the ways of solving this problem.
– Let's finish those facilities. If you need my involvement, then please advise me. We need to overcome that and move forward, - summarized the president. - The issue with the trial… this is a disgrace, the criminals need to be served right.
Addressing the governor, the president said that out of 168 residential settlements in the region, only 98 of them are provided with portable water.
- I have information that Ak Bulak (Portable water) program doesn’t work in the region, - said the president.
The governor answered that water related projects will be competed in 2014-2015.
At the end of the meeting the president once again urged to develop small and medium business, taking Germany as an example. In Germany, said the president, the state economy steadily receives 90% of profit from small and medium businesses. And in our country we are looking with fear when the prices of crude and metals fall.
- I understood that businessmen of Atyrau have no problems, - said the president at the end of the meeting.
In the morning on Feb 7 the head of state took off for Sochi.
Photos: Kanat Eleuov