According to chief expert of state fire department of Atyrau Oblast Vitali UMNOV, fire rate during New Year celebrations has increased in the past three years.
So, 3 fires occurred in 2010, 6 in 2011 (killing one) and 6 in 2012.
The most common reason for ignition was indoor use of pyrotechnical devices.
How to use pyrotechnical devices?
1. Read instructions properly;
2. Don't use old fireworks [with expired date];
3. Children should be under strict parental control;
4. Don't use damaged items (pack torn, bruises, moist);
5. Keep devices away from heating units and children;
6. Don't lean over a device after its fuse is lit and stay away for 5 minutes when it stops firing;
7. Don't launch a firework in a windy day;
8. Don't use it in crowded places.
By Murat SULTANGALIYEV